Diamond Upgrade Program
As part of our jeweler for life commitment, RS Diamonds is pleased to offer a lifetime diamond upgrade program on all GIA and AGSL graded diamonds. Simply call a Diamond & Jewelry Consultant at 1-888-565-7641 to learn more about our upgrade program and to select your new diamond.
Ratan-Sajan Upgrade Guidelines
- All GIA or AGSL graded diamonds purchased from RS Diamonds are eligible.
- You will receive credit equal to 100% of the original price toward the purchase of a new diamond.
- The price of your new diamond must be at least twice the price of your original diamond.
- Your diamond must be in its original condition with the original diamond grading report.
- Any damage to the original diamond will disqualify the diamond from our upgrade program.
- Colored diamonds are ineligible for this program.
- The credit value will be based solely on the value of the diamond.
- If your setting fits your new diamond and is in reusable condition, we will set your new diamond in your original setting.
- If your original setting cannot be reused, you have the option of keeping the setting or accepting a credit as determined by RS Diamonds.
- Any diamond not originally set by RS Diamonds must be returned without the setting.
Diamond Grading Reports:
- The original diamond grading report must be returned in reusable condition. Fees may apply for any damaged reports.
- The RS Diamonds Upgrade Program is available for purchases shipped to the US. Upgrades for other countries may be eligible on a case-by-case basis. Upgrade purchase must be made in original currency.
Diamond Price Match Guarantee
We believe that our prices can’t be beat. However, if you find a diamond of comparable quality and characteristics that is lower in price than the one on our site, follow the guidelines below to see if we can match the price.
DIAMOND PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE GUIDELINES
- Diamond Price Match Guarantee is a free service and only takes a few minutes to get started.
- Simply call us at 1-888-565-7641 and a qualified Diamond & Jewelry Consultant will be happy to review your inquiry. In most cases, RS Diamonds expects to have the lowest price, but can typically match the price if the competitor’s price is lower.
- No sales pitch.
- RS Diamond & Jewelry Consultants do not work on commission, so there’s no pressure, no sales pitch. We simply want to provide you with the best possible diamond at the best price.
- The exact diamond.
- To ensure accuracy, the Diamond Price Match Guarantee program requires that diamonds are graded by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
The following terms and conditions apply to our Diamond Price Match Guarantee program.
Understanding RS Diamonds Appraisal
An appraisal is a document stating the approximate retail replacement value of an item. It is calculated using current market data, which reflects typical retail prices. The appraisal includes the cut, color, clarity, and either carat weight for diamonds or millimeter dimensions for gemstones, and the craftsmanship of the item. Your appraisal ensures that in the case of loss, theft, or damage your insurance company will give you an equal replacement of your item. The more information contained in the appraisal, the better chance you have of receiving the exact replacement for that item. Your insurance agency can rely on this appraisal to calculate a coverage rate for your diamond or piece of fine jewelry.
DIAMOND PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE GUIDELINES
The following items come with an appraisal:
- Diamond engagement rings
- All Build Your Own Diamond Jewelry®
- Diamond, gemstone, and pearl jewelry $1,000 and over
Caring for Diamonds
Caring for Diamonds: A Complete Guide
When clothes fade, you don’t have to think twice about replacing them. When your handbag starts showing signs of wear and tear, you start looking to buy a brand new one. But jewellery is an entirely different story. Like everything else, even diamonds can lose their sparkle with time. Even though diamonds are the hardest substance known to us, they can chip at the edges. If you are not careful, they may even fall out of the setting thereby making a piece of ornament practically useful. However, if they are well maintained, your diamond pendants, bangles, earrings, and rings can look brand new for years. Just as we help you find the perfect diamond jewellery, we are also here to help you take care of your diamonds. Here are a few tips.
To Touch or Not to Touch, That’s the Question!
Yes, this indeed is a question because the less you touch your diamonds the better it is for them. Do you know that every time you touch your diamonds, oil from your skin is transferred to the stone? Over time, this builds up a film on the stone and makes it appear dirty. You don’t want your favourite piece of diamond jewellery to lose its sheen, do you? So, don’t touch it every now and then.
Diamond rings or bangles should also not be worn when applying hairspray, creams or lotions. This can temporarily discolour the diamonds and make them lose their lustre. It is important to note that while diamonds repel water, oils and grease can easily stick to diamonds. This holds true for cut and uncut diamonds.
Give Your Diamond Jewellery Regular Cleaning
A diamond sparkles because of the way light passes through it. However, oil, sweat, and dirt can block the passage of light. Thus, unless you clean your diamonds regularly, you cannot expect them to sparkle as they should. Diamonds are easy to clean. All you need is warm water, a soft toothbrush, and mild soap. Do not use toothpaste to clean diamonds. Soak your diamonds in soapy water for a few minutes and gently clean them with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Along with the face of the diamond, also clean the back where dirt is easily accumulated. You can then wipe it dry with a soft, lint-free cloth. If you are cleaning your diamond jewellery in the sink or wash basin, make sure that you have blocked the drain before you start. Ideally, diamonds should be cleaned once a fortnight. Do not use any chemicals to clean your diamonds. This can erode the metal prongs or even dissolve it.
Touch Them, Gently and Gently
Though it isn’t easy to break a diamond, the prongs holding a diamond in place can be broken. Hence, don’t be rough with your diamond ornaments. When cleaning them, do not scrub them too vigorously or put too much pressure on them. For the same reason, do not use a hard toothbrush to clean your diamonds. If a diamond gets caught in your clothing, do not pull it out. Gently disentangle it from the cloth. You really don’t want to spend a day searching the floor for a tiny diamond.
Diamonds Aren’t Meant to Always Be Worn
When it comes to diamonds, it is important to know when to wear them and when to leave them in your jewellery box. Though diamonds can be worn even on a daily basis, they are not ideally suited to all occasions. For example, if you are heading for a beach holiday, they your diamond bracelets and earrings are better left at home. This is especially true in the case of diamond rings. Not only can sand and salt dirty your diamonds, salty water can also make your finger shrink and make it easy for a ring to fall off.
Similarly, if you are using bleach or chlorine to clean something, make sure that you take your diamonds off before you start. When deciding whether to keep your diamonds on or leave them at home, pay attention to the way your diamonds are set. Jewellery with micro pave stones can be easily damaged and hence should not be worn during any kind of vigorous activity. It is also avoidable to wear diamonds while you gym or exercise.
Store Them Carefully
Diamonds need to be protected not only against getting lost or being stolen but also against damage. When diamond rubs against another diamond, the gemstones can scratch each other. Similarly, your diamonds may also scratch and damage any other jewellery they come in contact with. Once a diamond gets damaged, there is no way to restore its original sparkle. So it is in your best interests to store each piece of jewellery individually and not to allow them to rub against each other. It is a wise idea to invest in a fabric-lined jewellery case with individual compartments for all your diamond jewellery. Alternatively, you could wrap each piece of diamond jewellery in soft tissue.
Diamonds Need Periodic Inspection
With diamonds, you need to look after not just the stones but also the metal holdings that keep diamonds in place. Look at the prongs holding your diamond and ensure that all of them are of equal length. If one of them is shorter than the others, it is time to take your jewellery to a jeweller. A jeweller can also help shine up your diamonds with an ultrasonic cleaner. This uses a vibrating fluid to clean the dirt and grime accumulated on diamonds and the metal. When it comes to diamond studded rings, ensure that your ring fits well. If your ring is loose, your diamond will undergo more wear and tear.
Diamond jewellery is indeed a thing of beauty and a joy forever, but they will remain beautiful only if you pay extra care to keep them so. With these tips, your diamonds can last a lifetime and look just as good as they did the day you first wore them.